Friday, October 30, 2015

My notes on episode 1150

Words and expressions' explanation 1.be not getting younger and... ~may soon be too old to do something 2.Moving on! ~to stop talking one thing, try to talk another thing 3.settle down ~for example:get married, buy a house, start a family...etc 4.That reminds me ~suddenly change subject 5.break up with ~end romantic relationship with someone 6.Speaking of ~an expression we use to introduce the topic that is related to the other person said 7.And now for something completely different... ~change a topic of conversation 8.diet ~noun:refers to the kind of food you eat verb:try to eat certain kind of food to not be as heavy as right now 9.shed those pounds ~lose weight 10.Anyway,... ~usually to change the topic or to talk about something new 11.cut out ~stop using it or stop doing it or stop eating it What I mention above is my notes which I learned this week.I think ESL Podcast is a good website.It can improve my listening ability and explain the words or expressions in English.Besides, its topics are usually related to daily life so that I think it's very useful.If I could make good use of this website.My English will improve fast.

1 comment:

  1. Agree, since the topics are all related to our daily life, the content could be useful and practical. Definitely, your English will improve fast if you make a good plan and use the site well, Howard.

    ReplyDelete